Sunday, July 11, 2010

SPIRITS HAVE SPIRIT


Summer has just started, and there have been a lot of huge new music releases, ie. Deftones, Minus the Bear, Circa Survive, and Wintersleep. I have been fans of these bands for years yet I've barely heard any of their new shit........Why?.......because I can stop listening to Hamilton band "SPIRITS"





Spirits is one of those bands that you can listen to at any time and it will make you feel good. On one of those mornings you wake up and all you can taste is jagger and some whores lip gloss, you throw on some Spirits and your ready to "give'r" all over again.

I remember the first time I saw Spirits was at the place I usually drink all the Jagger and try out lip gloss de la whore......."ABSINTHE" in downtown Hamilton. I walked in lookin' feelin' smellin' like a million bucks, creepin and fist pumpin like a champ.

I'm skulkin around downstairs, and I can hear this music Upstairs, "SPIRITS" had just started their set. Long story short, I ended up staying the whole set and lovin' every second of it.
The only problem was there was only about 20 other people watching.

Spirits is a band that should be playing to sold out audiences. I can't even count the amount fuckin kife bands out there that are playing to packed houses, when actual GOOD/DESERVING
bands like Spirits are playing shows in places like Port Elgin, Ontario.

Dont get me wrong, spirits have played some big shows, opening for bands like The Ting Tings, The Psychedelic Furs, Happy Mondays and playing shows in South African with band The Parlatones.


My only hope is you read this article, watch the videos, hear the music, and whore this band out like they deserve to be whore'd, just like the whore I'll probably find in hess tonight...........







theBULL

No comments:

Post a Comment